So you need to get your photos organised and your biggest question is “Where do I start?” Join Fiona Staff and Chantal Imbach as they answer this and other important questions.
In this Episode we give you a brief summary of the previous Golden Rules and then we jump straight into the most pressing question we find people asking, “Where do I start?”. Our answer is simple and yet often the sticking point for people, “Please just DO SOMETHING!”
Here is a little snap shot of some ideas we give about taking your very first steps in your DIY Photo Organising process.
- Back up phone photos
- Create a plan (with a tea/coffee/glass of wine)
- Schedule appointments with yourself for your photo project
- Think about your first step
- Delete some photos while waiting somewhere
- Gather your devices as you go
- Re-listen our DIY Photo Organising Podcast
- Check out external drives when you come across them
- Get a lovely notebook / logbook
- Have a chat to other family members who’d be interested / sharing the load / cost
- Do one project, eg a slideshow / not the whole big project
- Talk to people and gather a couple of stories